Water fountain reviews

Compiled below is a list of the best water fountains in each hall. With the help of fellow water fountain enthusiast Graham Oakley, I graded the fountain based on 3 basic criteria: water pressure, water temperature, and overall effectiveness of the fountain. We hope this guide can help as you roam the halls of McLean.

gem

The Gem: This water fountain, located near the corner of the yellow hall, has it all. It has good water pressure, cold water, and even an adjustable spout. It’s in a good location in the yellow hall and has all the intangibles you want in a good water fountain.  I highly suggest making the trip to this fountain if you’re in the area.

average joe

The Average Joe: The title says it all, there’s nothing special about this water fountain. It has average water pressure, average water temperature and no adjustable spout. With the low height, it does require some bend, but it’s not too bad. Due to the lack of water fountains in the green hallway, choosing this fountain was pretty much just choosing between the lesser of two evils. This fountain is located near the intersection of the green and yellow hallways. Does it suck? Yes. But it’s all you’ve got.

Houdini

Houdini: Located in the silver hall near the guidance office, this fountain is pure magic. It has good water pressure and cold water, but that’s not what stands out. With one, simple push of the pushbar, you have an endless stream of water that requires no work from you! Well, not endless, but still 20 seconds of water for one easy push is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Serenity

Serenity: This fountain is a getaway. In the art section of the red hall, this water fountain is a chance for you to break away from the heavy crowds and enjoy your water fountain experience. It has everything you need: good water pressure, solid water temperature, and a great location as it’s accessible from pretty much everywhere in the red hall.

Mediocrates

Mediocrates: This fountain is just your average fountain. It’s not bad but it’s not great. Pretty good temperature but not the best water pressure. There’s nothing about this fountain that really stands out. When you’re in the blue hallway it’s your best option, but don’t expect anything great.

worst

The Dud: Plain and simple, this water fountain doesn’t work. No water comes out when you apply pressure to the pushbar, giving this water fountain the title of worst water fountain in the school.

The wildcard

The Wildcard: This is a strange and interesting fountain. I only suggest using this if you’re looking for an adventurous water fountain experience. Located off the beaten path, behind the upper gym, this water fountain brings you back about two decades. It’s hidden in the wall and has a knob that allows you to adjust the water pressure which is a big advantage. The only downside to this fountain is the water temperature which is surprisingly below average. The trip, along with the old school look is what really makes this fountain the wildcard of the school.