Extraordinary teacher: Seth LeBlanc is recognized as an Outstanding New Teacher

Pragya Dhungana, Reporter

Photo obtained via Instagram from the account mclean_high

Teachers employ a range of strategies in the classroom and always give their best to the students and Seth LeBlanc is one of them. LeBlanc is a teacher at McLean High School who was recognized the McLean Pyramid Outstanding New Teacher. McLean High School wants to congratulate LeBlanc for his amazing accomplishment.

“Mr. LeBlanc is one of the most promising and inspiring teachers. He is so determined to teach us and always has a smile on his face. He teaches us in a way that teaching is not his job but a hobby,” senior Ethan Williams said.

LeBlanc started his journey as an English and Creative Writing teacher at McLean in 2016. LeBlanc teaches English 10, English 10 Honors and Creative Writing one, two and three. LeBlanc says his mission as a teacher is to let students think innovatively, creatively and independently so that every student can be a great example for future generation. LeBlanc asserts that he was surprised yet very praised when he won the recognition.

“I felt very respected and motivated when I received the recognition. The recognition is not just for me, but for every teacher who puts a lot of effort on their students. I believe that I won the recognition on behalf of every teacher,” LeBlanc said.

Students were required to complete a small online survey and nominate their teachers. Nominees included different requirements. Teachers must have had less than three years of teaching experience and must exhibit superior instructional skills. Leblanc was successful in demonstrating excellent ability to communicate and engage with faculty, staff, parents, and community. Students could comment on how the nominated teacher has contributed to student success, caring culture, premier workforce or resource. Fifteen teachers including Leblanc were nominated from McLean High School. The deadline to nominate the teacher was on Jan.5.

LeBlanc will be competing in district level with teachers of other schools who won similar recognition. LeBlanc hopes to win the recognition at the district level as well. McLean Highlanders are proud of Leblanc’s achievement.

“I think Mr. LeBlanc should deserve the recognition because he is very knowledgeable and creates the sense of community and belonging in the classroom. He is a good communicator and listener and always inspires his students,” junior Justin Muskett said.

Along with LeBlanc, Jamie Lane was recognized as an Outstanding Leader and Cynthia Hawkins was recognized as an Outstanding Teacher.