Seth LeBlanc recognized as McLean Pyramid Outstanding New Teacher

Pragya Dhungana, Reporter

Photo obtained via Instagram from the account mclean_high

Teachers employ a range of strategies in the classroom and always give their best to the students and English teacher Seth LeBlanc is one of them. LeBlanc was recognized as the McLean Pyramid Outstanding New Teacher. 

“Mr. LeBlanc is one of the most promising and inspiring teachers. He is so determined to teach us and always has a smile on his face,” senior Ethan Williams said.

LeBlanc started his journey as an English and Creative Writing teacher at McLean in 2016. LeBlanc teaches English 10, English 10 Honors and Creative Writing 1-3. LeBlanc said his mission as a teacher is to let students think innovatively, creatively and independently so that every student can be a great example for future generations. LeBlanc said he was surprised when he won.

“Every teacher was deserving–we all work so hard here,” LeBlanc said. “I’m humbled and happy for the positive feedback.”

Students were required to complete a short online survey to nominate their teachers. Teachers in LeBlanc’s category must have had less than three years of teaching experience and must exhibit superior instructional skills. LeBlanc was successful in demonstrating an excellent ability to communicate and engage with faculty, staff, parents and the community. Fifteen teachers including LeBlanc were nominated from McLean High School. The deadline to nominate teachers was Jan.5.

LeBlanc will be competing at the district level with teachers of other schools who won a similar recognition. 

“I think Mr. LeBlanc deserves the recognition because he is very knowledgeable and creates a sense of community and belonging in the classroom. He is a good communicator and listener and always inspires his students,” junior Justin Muskett said.

Along with LeBlanc, Assistant Principal Jamie Lane was recognized as an Outstanding Leader and social studied teacher Cynthia Hawkins was recognized as an Outstanding Teacher.