Jan. 15 Bulletin

caption 3
caption 3
[list style=’arrow’] [list_item] Attention all freshmen: This is your celebration week with your Big Macs. Be sure to come to your last Connect group tomorrow during Highlander Time. Your Big Macs have planned a breakfast feast and fun activities! [/list_item] [list_item] There will be a girls rugby meeting tomorrow at 2:20 p.m. in room 164 for all current members and anyone interested. This meeting is mandatory for all current members. [/list_item] [list_item] There will be an important boys lacrosse interest meeting tomorrow at 2:15 p.m. in room R196. All interested in playing boys lacrosse should plan to attend. [/list_item] [list_item] The Latin Club will promptly meet at 2:15 p.m. tomorrow in room 275. All members are urged to attend. [/list_item] [list_item] Sign up to be a model in a fundraiser for the Arts for Autism Fashion Gala! Raise money for the Autism Society of Northern Virginia, and walk a New York-styled fashion show. Sign up or get more information at your lunch! [/list_item] [list_item] The Interact Club is looking for a talented magician to help entertain children at the Jan. 27 Chocolate Festival. If anyone is interested in this community service opportunity, email Interact at [email protected]. [/list_item] [list_item] Want to see democracy in action? Interested in participating in the National March for Life that draws nearly half a million people each year? Come to the Pro-Life Club meeting this Thursday in Coach Muskett’s room for more information. [/list_item] [list_item] Adopt a Mission is collecting new shoes to donate to children in Calcachen, Mexico.
Bring new shoes to Y228, Ms Jarrell’s room, along with your name and grade for a chance to enter the raffle with prizes such as the new iPod touch or the iPad mini. Any types of shoes for boys and girls are welcome, especially sandals and sneakers in sizes 4, 5, 6 and 7. Let’s make sure all the kids in the mission center have shoes this new year! [/list_item] [list_item] The FANQUEST Special Olympics Basketball game will be taking place here at McLean at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26. Our own Special Olympics hoop squad will take on the Oakton Cougars. Go to volunteer2cheer.com to sign up and show your support! [/list_item] [/list]