Winter Activities

Winter Activities
winteractivitiesimage
Seniors Brian Sanders-Smith and Danny Chovil ice skate at Reston Town center for a friend’s birthday.

It’s almost that time of year again. Fall is coming to an end and winter is slowly approaching. The change in the weather brings many new things to do. With that in mind here some activities you can do for the winter season.

1. Go ice skating – It’s fun for everyone. There are so many places to go like Reston town center, Ballston Mall, or even in D.C. It’s reasonably cheap and you can rent skates from the rinks if you don’t have them. This is definitely a bang for your buck activity and everything including rentals and skating is usually under 20 bucks. If you go make sure you dress warm and bring a hat and gloves.

2. Stay home and watch movies –December 1 marks the start of ABC family’s 25 days of Christmas. Every day until Christmas they play a movie or a show that is Christmas related. They play a lot of holiday classics like Elf, how the Grinch stole Christmas. This is one of the best things you can do since you stay home and is super cheap.

3. Go skiing or snowboarding – With winter comes lots of snow which is prime for skiing and snowboarding. There a bunch of different places to go and it’s a good excuse to travel and get away. This option is more expensive than the other two options but it will definitely be memorable.

If you do any one of these activities you’ll be sure to have fun. Whatever you do it is super important you stay warm. If you ever get cold have a hot chocolate to warm up.