Symphonic Band conducts fall concert

The Symphonic Bands of Longfellow and McLean High School put together a joint fall concert on Nov. 2nd

Rohan Mani, Reporter

In front of a packed auditorium, the Longfellow and McLean High School symphonic bands performed in a joint pyramid concert for their fall production on Thursday night. The program contained pieces that used elements from both from symphonic and marching bands. There were three pieces played during the concert : “Pas Redouble”(French March) , “October” by Eric Whitacre and “First suite” in e-flat for Military Band by Gustav Holst.

The pieces which ranged from slow to fast in tempo resounded well with the audience which applauded loudly at the end of each piece.

Sophomore Varun Sathyanarayanan  enjoyed the performance thoroughly  from the audience,

“It was really good. Their were many loud and and bombastic parts of the concert which I enjoyed,” Sathyanarayanan said.

“I liked the first song(“Pas Redouble”), it was very energetic and proved an excellent way to introduce the band,” Sathyanarayanan added.

He was not the only one who was enthusiastic about the band performance.

The members of the band themselves were very thankful and appreciative of the performance and on how was put together. Sophomore Reed Burgess enjoyed  the production process as a whole from the beginning to end.

“It’s a lot of work, but its also a lot of fun to see how the whole show comes together. From the first time it was conceived when no one was sure about the end product, to see what we put together out on the stage today was very nice,” Burgess said.

Sophomore Sean Wei echoed a similar sentiment in terms of the performance,

“I feel like the countless hours that we spent both in and outside of school paid off once it was assembled in one performance. I felt that our band played to their best ability. The concert really gave me a sense of pride and joy in seeing the music come together,” Wei said.

In the end, after lots of hard work, the band was able to put together a concert with unique pieces that not only the audience, but also the participating students in band enjoyed.