Paddington Movie Review

7108_poster_iphone-9

Paddington came ou on Jan 16. It is based a 1950s children’s book, so the movie is old fashioned, but high tech.

The whole movie is an adventure that attracts both children and adults. Paddington belongs to a family of bears in Darkest, Peru. When his uncle is killed, he moves to London to find a home. This was the saddest point of the story, but the special effects were phenomenal — a lost bear being run into by people at a train station. Paddington’s features are carefully detailed, with his dark brown fur and signature red hat.

Mrs. Brown, a woman at the train station, falls in love with Paddington and is determined to show him kindness, much to Mr. Brown’s dismay. The movie becomes very humorous at that point, with Paddington trying to achieve proper civilization, such as when he used toothbrushes to clean the wax in his ears. These are the types of things that brought on laughter from the audience.

There is a dark turn in the movie when a woman named Millicent tries to kill Paddington to add him to her collection of dead animals. This might seem horrible and frightening, but it is only adventurous. The humor is still very much alive in the movie.

The ending was a happy one with Paddington being a very lovable bear in London. There were numerous things to like about it such as the humor, the special effects, and the plot. I did not find a single flaw. I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars.