McLean Model UN performs well at conference

+++McLeans+model+UN+chapter+stands+outside+at+UVA+after+winning+best+small+delegation+at+VAMUN.++%28Photo+courtesy+of+Niel+Ketkar%29
McLean’s model UN chapter stands outside at UVA after winning best small delegation at VAMUN. (Photo courtesy of Niel Ketkar)
   McLean's model UN chapter stands outside at UVA after winning best small delegation at VAMUN.  (Photo courtesy of Niel Ketkar)

On the weekend of Nov. 8-10, the McLean High School Model UN chapter traveled to UVA for VAMUN, which is the competition for all Model UN chapters in the state of Virginia. These students put in long hours preparing to discuss many of the most important issues in the world and performed excellently.

At the end of the weekend, the McLean chapter was recognized as the best small delegation in the state of Virginia. Students in the club were very happy with the performance and expressed optimism that the club could continue to grow and prosper.

Junior Model UN member Niel Netkar said, “It was a great step forward for the club. We showed Langley that we are not too far behind.”

As Ketkar mentioned, the McLean Model UN club is looking to eventually get to the level of rival Langley’s chapter. Langley has a long history of Model UN success and won best large delegation at UVA this year. McLean’s Model UN chapter hopes that it can build off this recent success at UVA so that they can grow the chapter and pose a challenge to Langley’s current standing as the best Model UN chapter in the state.