McLean Red Cross Club pays tribute to 9/11

The McLean chapter of the Red Cross Club kicked of their second year by delivering baked goods to local firemen on Sept. 11.

“Today is a thank you to the firefighters in accordance with the ceremonies,” sponsor Anna Dettbarn said.

The club met up at the Old Firehouse with their baked treats before delivering them to the final destination. This drop-off was organized to honor the first responders who acted quickly to save countless lives on 9/11. The event also placed emphasis on the importance of the firefighters’ role in the McLean community in case of emergency.

“They are our first responders,” Dettbarn said, “it’s important to celebrate the firemen and be aware of the work they do for the community.”

The Red Cross Club was formed last year to give back to the community and raise money for various charitable organizations.

The interest meeting for the McLean Red Cross Club was held on Sept. 10 this year. The club is still in their organizational phase of the year, during which they are discussing possible charity projects and electing new officers. The club meets every Tuesday to continue their charity work.

“The goals of the Red Cross Club are of the utmost importance to everybody,” Dettbarn said.

Featured image obtained via Google Images by vectorporal.com